First Aid at Work course
3 Days - (1 day online + 2 days practical)
Who should attend?
The course is designed for nominated First Aiders in higher risk working environments or where companies have higher risk employees and are looking to have staff fully trained to cope with any situations arising.
Delegates need a basic command of English. For course bookings where people do not have English as a first language, the company/individual booking can provide a translator at no cost. The translator will not count as a delegate unless they are also booked on the course.
Delegates need to be able to undertake practical procedures in emergency situations.
The course will give delegates the knowledge, skills and confidence to:
- Understand the role of the First Aider (inc. First Aid kits, legislation, record keeping, preventing cross infection and summoning help)
- Dealing with an accident scene and prioritization of casualties
- Provide resuscitation (CPR) including the use of defibrillators
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Assisting a casualty who is choking
- Cope with someone having a severe allergic reaction/anaphylaxis
- Dealing with a casualty who is bleeding and treating shock
- Managing seizures and epilepsy
- Assist someone who has been burnt or scalded
- Cope with a casualty having a stroke
- Deal with someone who has bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Manage someone who is experiencing a diabetic emergency
- Assist someone experiencing chest pains, heart attack or angina
- Cope with a spinal injury
- Deal with a casualty having an asthma attack
- Manage someone with an eye injury
- Assist a casualty with a head injury
- Cope with a range of minor injuries appropriate to the workplace
Training is delivered via a range of mediums and delegates are assessed though a variety of means. Trainer will continually assess delegates throughout the course in order to offer targeted guidance to delegates.
There is a final multiple choice question paper and external assessment of CPR, unresponsive casualty and bleeding and shock.
3 Days- (1 day online + 2days practical )Course price for max of 12 people
£2100Price per person
£210School training that can be delivered free of charge
For each person booked on a course we will train one Primary 5, 6, or 7 class free of charge and your company will be the named sponsor.