Emergency First Aid at Work course
This 6 hour course meets the HSE requirements where your first aid needs assessment indicates that first aid training for emergency procedures is sufficient. This can be delivered weekdays, Saturdays or over two evening sessions.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for nominated First Aiders in low risk working environments such as small offices, where companies wish to provide extra cover to fully first aid trained staff or anyone wishing to obtain lifesaving skills for use in an emergency.
Delegates need a basic command of English. For course bookings where people do not have English as a first language, the company/individual booking can provide a translator at no cost. The translator will not count as a delegate unless they are also booked on the course.
Delegates need to be able to undertake practical procedures in emergency situations.
The course will give delegates the knowledge, skills and confidence to:
- Understand the role of the First Aider (inc. First Aid kits, legislation, record keeping, preventing cross infection and summoning help)
- Dealing with an accident scene and prioritization of casualties
- Provide resuscitation (CPR) including the use of defibrillators
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Assisting a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with a casualty who is bleeding and treating shock
- Managing seizures and epilepsy
- Assist someone who has been burnt
- Provide appropriate assistance for a range of injuries and illnesses appropriate to their workplace
- Training is delivered via a range of mediums and delegates are assessed though continuous assessment
An HSE recognized Emergency First Aid at Work certificate will be issued which is valid for 3 years.
1 dayCourse price for max of 12 people
£700Price per person
£70School training that can be delivered free of charge
For each 3 persons booked on a course we will train one Primary 5, 6, or 7 class free of charge and your company will be the named sponsor.